'Designated Survivor': TV Review
Kiefer Sutherland stars as a low-level White House cabinet member forced to step in to become president after a major attack.
Curtis Hanson, Director and Oscar-Winning Writer on 'L.A. Confidential,' Dies at 71
The accomplished filmmaker also was behind 'The Hand That Rocks the Cradle,' 'The River Wild,' 'Wonder Boys' and '8 Mile.'
New 'Allied' Teaser Drops Amid Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie Divorce News
The period romantic thriller stars Pitt opposite Marion Cotillard.
'Pitch': TV Review
Headlined by new star Kylie Bunbury, Fox's baseball drama about a female Major League pitcher makes big plays for emotion.
- 'This Is Us': TV Review
- What Films Are Next for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt After Their Split
- 'Atlanta,' 'Better Things' Renewed for Second Seasons at FX
- Hollywood Reacts to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'Speechless': TV Review
- Leah Remini, A&E Team for Scientology Series (Exclusive)
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
The Emmy Issue
One voter's brutally honest ballot | Insider party guide | Ben Sherwood on Iger, Oscars and his plan for ABC | Red carpet in the new era of feminism | The right tux for your age
- Emmys Host Jimmy Kimmel Lets Loose on His Bizarre Diet, Penis Pics and Why He Has All of Letterman's Neckties
- Emmy Voter Reveals Brutally Honest Ballot: 'People v. O.J.' "Vastly Overrated," 'House of Cards' Had "Worst Season Yet"
- Disney/ABC TV's Ben Sherwood on a 'Star Wars' Series, "Mistakes" in Michael Strahan's 'Live' Exit and Bob Iger's Future
- Red Carpet in the Age of Feminism: "It's All So Double-Edged"
- The Netflix Backlash: Why Hollywood Fears a Content Monopoly
'Storks': Film Review
Andy Samberg, Jennifer Aniston and Kelsey Grammer are among the fertile voice cast in this amusing CG romp.
- Jai Courtney, Garth Davis to be Feted at the Australians in Film Awards
- John Green's AFC Wimbledon Movie Hires Writer (Exclusive)
- PBS Names Ira Rubenstein Chief Digital and Marketing Officer
- 'The Animal's Wife': Film Review | TIFF 2016
- ‘The Exception’: Film Review | TIFF 2016
- 'Close Relations' ('Rodnye'): Film Review | TIFF 2016
'This Is Us' Creator on Premiere Twist and the "Good Cry"
Greg Berlanti, Julie Plec Team With 'Arrow' Writer for ABC Soap 'The Marquis'
Fall TV Survey: 16 Showrunners Reveal How They Landed Their Star
Aden Young and Logan Marshall-Green to Star in USA Network's 'Damnation'
Charlie Sheen to Star in Crackle Film 'Mad Families'
'Speechless' Creator Says ABC Comedy Will Not Be the "Wheelchair Show"
'Big Brother' Bosses Talk Season Finale, Nicole's Critics and Jury House Live Feeds
'Breaking Bad,' 'The Blacklist,' 'Preacher': Misdirection in Opening Scenes Is All the Rage
'Empire' Boss Reflects on Season 2 "Frenzy," Previews "More Thoughtful" Return
Michael Weatherly Makes the Transition to Leading Man on CBS' 'Bull'
'People v. O.J. Simpson' Breakout Sterling K. Brown Tackles Race (Again) in 'This Is Us'
'Mr. Robot': 7 Questions the Season 2 Finale Must Answer
Comcast CEO Touts "Closer" Netflix Relationship, Talks Integrating More Streaming Services
Brian Roberts says he spent time with Reed Hastings after the companies "occasionally didn't see eye-to-eye," with the cable giant making a conscious decision "to aggregate other people's content."
Why AT&T Has Renewed a Slew of Major Carriage Deals
The telecom giant has secured key networks for its upcoming DirecTV streaming services in deals with the likes of Disney, NBCUniversal, Turner and HBO.
Why Netflix Is Now Dubbing, Subtitling Content in Poland
The streaming giant is moving away from English-only programming in a bid to gain international market share.
Italy Unveils Monthly 2 Euro Cinema Day to Boost Theater Attendance
The country is rolling out a day each month with reduced prices across the country in hopes to boost audience numbers.
- Tessera to Acquire Audio Technology Firm DTS for $850M
- Pinewood Opens Office in Beijing
- Aki Kaurismaki to Judge Baumi Script Development Award
Disney/ABC TV's Ben Sherwood on a 'Star Wars' Series, "Mistakes" in Michael Strahan's 'Live' Exit and Bob Iger's Future
'Magnificent Seven' Producer on Why Westerns Aren't Dead and How Cancer Changed Him
Broad Green Brothers Gabriel and Daniel Hammond Reveal Shift to Bigger Films and 'Bad Santa 2' Plans
Emmy Snubs: 'House of Cards,' 'Silicon Valley' Shut Out as 'Fargo,' 'The Americans' Lose Big
Other multinominated programs who failed to win an Emmy included HBO's 'All the Way,' 'Better Call Saul' and History's 'Roots' revival.
Oscars: Russia Selects 'Paradise' for Foreign-Language Category
Andrei Konchalovsky's WWII drama recently won a Silver Lion at the Venice Film Festival.
'An Education' Director Lone Scherfig to Head up Zurich Festival Jury
'Game of Thrones' actress Sibel Kekilli, 'Hanna' screenwriter David Farr and 'In Bruges' producer Graham Broadbent will help pick this year's festival winners.
Santa Barbara Film Fest: Warren Beatty to Receive Kirk Douglas Award
The actor and director, who will return to the silver screen after a 15-year absence on Nov. 23 with 'Rules Don't Apply,' becomes the 11th recipient of the career achievement honor.
- Emmys: 'Sherlock' Star's Purse Stolen While She Was Onstage
- Emmys: Christina Grimmie Fans Upset She Was Left Out of 'In Memoriam' Segment
- Emmys: Tatiana Maslany, 'Game of Thrones' Dominate Social Media
- Galloway on Film: Harvey Weinstein, The Comeback Kid
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
London Fashion Week Recap: Fugly Footwear, Post-Brexit Hopes, More
From Burberry's first see-now, buy-now show to Anya Hindmarch's cool circular set design, a roundup of what went down in the British fashion capital.
Emmys: Beyonce Fans Are Furious 'Lemonade' Lost to 'Grease: Live'
'Grease: Live' directors Thomas Kail and Alex Rudzinski won the Emmy for best directing for a variety special.
Watch the 'Stranger Things' Kids Slay 'Uptown Funk' Before the Emmys
Emmys: A Jay Z Lyric Became an Unexpected Callback at the 2016 Show
Watch Lady Gaga's "Perfect Illusion" Video
Adele Dedicates Her Show to Brangelina: "It's the End of an Era"
'The Voice': Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys Make Their Coaching Debut in Season 11 Premiere
Why Wasn't Beyonce at the Emmys?
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
twenty one pilots
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
'What Did You Expect?': Theater Review
The second installment in Richard Nelson's real-time trilogy continues tracking the lives of a family living in upstate New York during a tumultous election year.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: A Timeline of Their Relationship
A look at the couple through the years, from their 2003 meeting to their 2015 film 'By the Sea' and subsequent divorce.
Carey Mulligan Advocates for Refugee Children Ahead of UN Summit
The actress and global ambassador for War Child UK, delivering a speech on Sunday night in New York, pleaded with world leaders "to start standing up for children's rights."
Critic's Notebook: With Clinton on 'Tonight Show,' Fallon Finally Tweaks Trump
The Democratic nominee gamely played ball with Fallon in yet another trivially silly 'Tonight Show,' while Trump bragged and blustered his way through an interview with Bill O'Reilly.
UTA Inaugurates New Artist Space With Larry Clark Exhibit
The 'Kids' director recalls kidnapping actor Brad Renfro to get him off drugs before 2001's 'Bully.'
- David Bowie's Art Collection Up for Auction Hits L.A. for Two Days Only
- Michelle Obama Hosts Broadway Concert With Female-Led Shows 'The Color Purple,' 'Waitress'
- Disney, Universal Studios Hand Out Free Bug Repellant to Combat Zika Concerns
How Shailene Woodley's Facebook Live Videos Helped Stop a Billion-Dollar Pipeline Project
The 'Snowden' actress is not being paid by Facebook for streaming videos on her fight against the $3.8 billion Dakota Access Pipeline.
Sony Pictures Inks Virtual Reality Deal With Reality One
The companies will create VR experiences based on Sony Pictures’ films and also will create original content.
'Snowden' Stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Shailene Woodley on Understanding "Complexity" of NSA Leaker
Director Oliver Stone and his co-writer Kieran Fitzgerald explain why they weren't hesitant to make a movie about someone whose story is still developing.
'Snowden' Cinematographer On Re-Creating "Horrifying Journey"; Security Anxiety
"There was a lot of genuine debate about security," says Oscar winner Anthony Dod Mantle.
- Apple Hires Time Warner Cable Veteran to Cloud Services Division
- Twitter Launches Streaming Video App for Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV
- New Movies, TV on Amazon in September: 'Good Will Hunting,' 'Transparent' Season 3, Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'